Information provided from Ellyn Satter (www.ellynsatterinstitute.org).
- Essential Concepts
- Problem Areas
Pediatric Feeding Disorders
- Pediatric feeding disorders go way beyond "picky eaters", but can often be overlooked. Your child may be described as a "picky eater", but consider talking to your medical provider if the following circumstances are present:
- Extreme pickiness (eating fewer than 12 foods)
- Distress and anxiety with new foods
- Inability to increase textures as your infant or child grows
- Inability or refusal to feed oneself
- Mealtime tantrums
- Mealtimes exceeding 40 minutes
- Feeding tube dependence
- The Pediatric Feeding Disorder Program at the Marcus Center is a world-renowned clinic for children with diagnosed feeding disorders. For more information, discuss with your clinician.
- The Children's Hospital of Atlanta launched Strong4Life to help families achieve sustainable lifestyle change by breaking down the complex issue of childhood obesity into simple steps.
- We Can! - Ways to Enhance Children's Activity & Nutrition is a national movement designed to help children 8 to 13 years old stay at a healthy weight.
- Personal Fitness
- Most of links below are thanks to the website www.darebee.com.
- 30 Days of Change - 30 Days of Change program is designed to change your exercise habits as well as the way you look and feel - in a month.
- The Foundation - The Foundation is a low impact based program designed for high burn and muscle tone, suitable for anyone who is new to bodyweight training and wants to ease into it.
- Jump Rope 30 Day Challenge
- 30 Day Cardio and Abs Challenge
- Want to run a 5K and you can't imagine getting there? No worries!